Pumpkins are a must during this time of year! And as soon as October hit I was on a hunt for the perfect one.
While out last week shopping at a few craft stores with the hubs (yep, I convinced him to go with me), we stumbled across these really cute craft pumpkins at Michael’s. Initially I wasn’t feeling the whole fake pumpkin idea, especially since ALDI had real ones for just $2.99. But the hubs made a good point…I could pay just $8 (plus an additional 25% off) for a fake one, decorate it however I want and keep it for years to come. So, needless to say I ended up getting one and I immediately knew that I wanted a monogrammed pumpkin!
So after searching Pinterest for ideas, I came up with this really easy (and I do mean easy) monogrammed pumpkin DIY…
- Craft pumpkin of your choice
- Glitter craft paper (I found a sheet at Hobby Lobby for $1.99)
- E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
- Printed letter (or you can freehand it if you choose)
- Various wired ribbon (I used three different ones)
- Hot glue gun (CAUTION: the warning label stated that the craft pumpkin was flammable so use at your risk.)
I searched online for the perfect G but you could just as easily use Microsoft Word or freehand the letter of your choice. I then placed the print out of the glitter paper and cut it out. Finally I glued it on using the E600 adhesive.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures on how to create the bow, but it is really easy to do, trust me. I used my hot glue gun to attach the bow and other wired ribbon to the craft pumpkin stem.
What do you think, this DIY was super easy right? Do you decorate your home for Fall? What do you love most about the Fall season?