I’ll admit it, I’m not a huge fan of doing laundry but it’s one of those things that just has to be done. And since it’s a must, I’m always on the hunt for products (and tips) to help make the laundry process easier. Well, a few years back I discovered Purex Crystals and I fell completely in love with these laundry enhancers! I mean, who doesn’t love a fresh laundry scent, right? And just recently I tried the new Purex Crystals Aromatherapy in Well Being and it did not disappoint.
Why I love Purex Crystals Aromatherapy:
- It’s super easy to use! You just simply add it to your washing machine (top load, front load or HE) at the start of the wash cycle and that’s it!
- It really eliminates laundry odors. I live in a house with the hubs and three sons, so I know a thing or two about odors…this in-wash scent booster really works! And it’s long-lasting, I can wash sheets and towels using the Purex Crystals Aromatherapy, put them away for weeks at a time and when I pull them out they smell as fresh as the day I washed them.
- It’s affordable and easy to find. I’m a very frugal shopper so trust me when I say that this product is affordable. And it can be found at most drugstores, mass retailers and grocery store chains.
The new Purex Crystals Aromatherapy comes in three different scents: Well Being (which I’ve already tried and love), Energy, and Serenity. I’m so tempted to go out to buy them all and my mood (or mood I want to be in) will determine which one I use…lol, anything to help make the laundry process more enjoyable.
Like I said the Purex Crystals Aromatherapy can be found at most drug store stores, mass retailers and grocery stores, so next time you’re out grab a bottle. And you can try your luck at winning a bottle too! Thanks to Purex, I have two coupons for a FREE bottle of Purex Crystals Aromatherapy. So that means there will be…not one but two lucky winners!!!
Here’s how to enter…
- Follow The Savvy Housewife Blog via email or Bloglovin.
- Leave a comment below telling me which Purex Crystals Aromatherapy scent you want to try and a tip/trick you use to make the laundry process easier. *One comment per person*
The giveaway will end on Monday, November 17, 2014 at 11:59 pm and the winners will be randomly chosen.
Disclosure: I received the product mentioned in this review for free as a Purex Insider for review purposes only. As always all opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my personal experience with the product.
Hey “Savvy Readers!”
I’m finally getting a chance to sit down this review. Thus far this week has been flying by and I feel like I have been a busy bee yet have not gotten everything on my to do list accomplished. Oh well, the story of my life! From the title above you can see that this post is about a product review. Well, I recently won the Motor City Moxie Naturalicious photo contest on the NATURALICIOUS.net Facebook page and the prize was a $20 gift card to NATURALICIOUS, an online store for naturals. I immediately feel in love with the site. It’s a one stop shop for that carries a variety of natural hair care products to fit any naturalista’s needs. According to the founder and fellow natural, Gwen, “The mission of Naturalicious is to provide a one stop shopping resource for the very best brands a natural woman’s money can buy.” So if you are transitioner, newly natural or natural vet, I would suggest checking out NATURALICIOUS.
So after the excitement of winning died down, I checked out the site and set my eyes on the My Honey Child line. I have seen a few YouTube reviews on My Honey Child products in the past but had not personally tried the brand for myself. I decided to test out the My Honey Child Honey Nutt Scalp Cleanser and Conditioner. So here is my take on the Honey Nutt Scalp Cleanser and Conditioner…
- Availability/Pricing: The My Honey Child Honey Nutt Scalp Cleanser and Honey Nutt Conditioner can be purchased at NATURLICIOUS.net or directly from My Honey Child’s website. Both the scalp cleanser and conditioner that I purchased were 8 fl. oz. and retailed for $10 on either site.
- Product Claims: According to My Honey Child:
- The Honey Nutt Scalp Cleanser is a deeply restorative daily shampoo that provides extra nourishment for dry to very dry hair.
- Strengthens and replenishes thirsty strands
- Leaves hair soft, shiny and healthy
- The Honey Nut Conditioner replenishes dry stressed hair. Infused with natural moisturizers it hydrates and restores dry, damaged hair.
- Deeply moisturizes over-dry damaged hair
- Provides shine, silkiness and softness
- My take: When I received the products in the mail, the first thing I did (and do with any hair product) was smell it. Oh-em-gee both the scalp cleanser and conditioner smell yummy. The scent is a combination of almond and coconut, two of my favorites. When I first began to wash my hair, I was a bit disappointed because the scalp cleanser did not lather. But then a light bulb went off, and I remembered reading the directions that stated to shake well. Reading is so fundamental. So after shaking it up, I reapplied the cleanser and viola! my hair lathered! After rinsing, my hair felt soft and squeaky clean. Then I proceeded to use the conditioner. In my opinion the conditioner was a little thin. And I was a bit skeptical that it did have any amount of slip*. I applied the conditioner like normal, saturating my hair. But due to the consistency of the conditioner, I used nearly half of the bottle. After leaving the conditioner in my hair for 10+ minutes, I began the detangling process. And to my surprise, it was super easy. Once the all my hair was detangled, I rinsed the conditioner out. My hair was left feeling soft, silky and moisturized. And I must say that I was really impressed.
My hair product free after using the scalp cleanser and conditioner.
- Pros: Both the scalp cleanser and conditioner smell awesome; the scalp cleanser lathered well; the conditioner had surprisingly awesome slip; and after using the scalp cleanser and conditioner combo my hair was left feeling soft and moisturized.
- Cons: The cleanser left my hair feeling squeaky clean which something I am not used to; the consistency of the conditioner was extremely thin; and I used almost half of the conditioner in one use.
Honey Nutt Conditioner
Shows consistency of the conditioner.
- Final Verdict: I personally thought that the Honey Nutt Scalp Cleanser and Conditioner performed a lot better than I had expected. I was thrilled that the conditioner made my detangling process a breeze. However, even with all the said, I am very frugal and like to get a big bang for my buck. And that can sometimes be difficult task when looking for quality natural hair products, like the My Honey Child Honey Nutt Scalp Cleanser and Conditioner. I ended up using a considerable amount of conditioner because of the length not thickness of hair. Conditioner is vital for me and I personally can’t afford to only get two uses out of a product that cost $10. BUT even though I would not personally purchase this product again (unless it was on sale) I would highly recommend this to a natural whose hair my not be as long as mine. Like I stated both products exceeded my expectations and did what they claimed. So if you a newly natural who my have recently big chopped or a natural who may not have thick/long tresses this would be a great option for you.
*Slip – The slipperiness of a conditioner or detangler. The more slip a product has the better it aids in detangling.
**Please note that even though these items mentioned above were purchased using a gift card won in contest sponsored by Naturalicious all opinions stated in this review are my own and are based off of my personal experiences. Please research any/all products before purchasing and using.