While unpacking from my week-long vacay during the holidays, I became extremely overwhelmed. Ok, that’s a bit of an understatement…I thought I was about to lose my mind. I realized that I have too much stuff! And that’s even after several attempts (month after month) to purge what it is I don’t use, need or wear. So yes, I will admit that I have a problem…
Hi, my name is Roni and I’m a shopaholic!
I truly believe that shopping on any level is therapeutic. And when you pair that with my love for great deals and coupons, my shopping addiction gets even worse. So I’ve decided to challenge myself this year…I will shop less in 2014!
Now I know that most resolutions don’t make it past January. But I’m setting rules and guidelines for myself to help me stick to shopping less this year.
- I have shared my resolution with the hubs, a few friends and family members hoping that they will help hold me accountable throughout the year.
- From now until the end of March, I putting myself on a strict “no-buy diet.” That means I’m only allowing myself to purchase the necessities (i.e. the staple products I use daily that run out) and nothing else no matter how great of a deal it is. During this time I plan to re-evaluate what is in my closet and purge as needed.
- After March, I will re-evaluate my strict “no-buy diet” and decide if I want to treat myself with a mini shopping trip during my birthday month.
- Throughout the year I vow to shop my closet more and to be more creative with my outfit combinations. No more wearing the same ol’ thing from week to week.
- I will live vicariously through the fashionista’s on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and various blogs that so graciously share their shopping hauls. And use their outfit of the day post as sources of inspiration.
Would you like to join me on my quest to shop less in 2014? Have you ever done a no shopping challenge or resolution? What steps did you take to help curve your shopping appetite? What resolutions have you made for 2014? Do you believe in making New Year’s resolutions?