Whew! It’s December already and the countdown to Christmas and New Year’s is in full effect! Can you believe it?
Well, this week’s mani is inspired by Black Friday, which I’m aware was last week…better late than never, right? I had every intention of polishing my nails on Thanksgiving eve but totally lost all track of time. I ended up putting off until I just didn’t feel like doing it at all. *sigh* But despite my busted nails I did enjoy myself. I had an awesome Thanksgiving break! It’s always a good time when you spend it with family and friends.
Loreal’s Sparklicious; Essie’s Sand Tropez; WnW’s Ebony Hates Chris; Milani’s Art of Silver
Here are few outtakes from Black Friday…the inspiration behind this week’s mani.
What are you rocking on your nails this week? Did you go out on Black Friday?
Wowzas! Its November already, Thanksgiving is around the corner and Christmas will be here before you know it. And for most of us, with the holiday season comes tons of shopping! Being the “frugal deal-seeking shopaholic” that I am, it’s no wonder that I’m one of those crazy people out shopping on Black Friday. It’s even become a tradition in my family…we stay up all night, brave the cold temps and score great deals! And I love it!
I know that Black Friday shopping isn’t for everyone and it can even be a bit overwhelming for those experienced shoppers, like me…lol. Here is my Top 10 Black Friday Savvy Shopping Tips to help you get the most bang for your buck and fun out of the experience!
- Preview Black Friday Store Ads NOW! We are well into the month of November and most retailers’ Black Friday ads are available online already. Don’t wait until Thanksgiving Day to check them out, view them online now. That way you have an idea of what stores have the items you want and you can begin preparing your list.
- Compare prices. Everything that’s on sale Black Friday, is not a great deal, you must compare prices! You can use price comparison websites/phone apps to help you determine if the Black Friday ad price is the best possible price.
- Make A List. Yep, be like Santa Clause, make a list and check it twice…lol. While you’re previewing the Black Friday ads online and comparing prices, start making a list now. My Black Friday shopping lists are pretty detailed; store name, item, price, color etc. The list helps keep me on track, I don’t waste time “just looking.” I focus only on the items on my list and leave the other Christmas shopping for another day.
- Search for Coupons! Y’all know I love coupons! So before you head out on Black Friday make sure you check for coupons! I always recommend that you do email sign-up for all of your favorite retailers…they are always sending out coupons to their subscribers. And be sure to check store websites, Facebook pages and circulars for additional coupons too!
- Know Store Locations and Store Hours. It has happened to me in the past, pulling up to an abandoned building or empty parking lot sucks big time, especially when you had a list items you wanted to score. If it’s not a store or area you visit often double-check the stores location. And Black Friday store hours vary from store to store…some opening on Thanksgiving Day and others in the middle of the night, so check those hours!
- Know Store Coupon/Return & Price-matching Policies. Some stores may have specific coupon and price-matching policies on Black Friday. Knowing them in advance will save you a lot of time and headache when checking out, trust me. And don’t throw away those receipts, some stores offer price-adjustments after purchase if you find a lower price at another store.
- Take a shopping buddy! I usually prefer to shop alone but not on Black Friday! With two or more people, you can cover more shopping ground…lol. I like to call it “Black Friday Tag Team”! If there’s a big crowd (which there usually is) one person can grab the items while the other mans the cart. I take Black Friday seriously; you have to be ready to shop ‘til drop and I make sure that everyone that tags along knows this because no one likes a party pooper.
- Be prepared! As with anything in life you must be prepared and Black Friday is no different. Gas the car up early, map out your shopping trip (I leave that up to the hubs) and be sure to dress comfortably. Know there will be long lines and crowds. I personally try to keep things to a minimum, I downsize my purse (to help free up my hands) and I throw on my tennis shoes. I make sure to have my list and store ads (from the Thanksgiving Day newspaper) and any coupons/discount cards on hand.
- Don’t Fret! If you miss out on a great deal or sale on Black Friday don’t worry…deals/sales will come and go all holiday season long. And don’t forget there’s always Cyber Monday!
- SMILE and be friendly! Remember Black Friday is the kickoff of the holiday shopping season, so leave the “grumpy gills” at home. Despite all the craziness on Black Friday, people will be more willing to help you help if you have a smile on your face, trust me.
Do you brave the stores on Black Friday? What are some of your Black Friday shopping tips? What do you love about the holiday season?
If any of you follow me on Facebook or Instagram then you know how much I love couponing…of any kind and CouponCheif.com is no exception. As a SAHM I don’t believe in paying full price for anything and I rarely do. And with Black Friday right around the corner and Christmas vastly approaching I’m all about finding deals so I score great gifts for my fam and friends…now don’t get me wrong I understand, appreciate and value the true meaning of Christmas but I love giving to the ones I love, especially when I can do it on a budget. And not to mention being able to shop from the comfort of my own home makes it even better…that’s why I love CouponChief.com!
So what is CouponChief.com, you ask? Well it’s a site for online coupon codes and its super easy to use. Simply visit CouponChief.com, enter the name of the store you wish to shop in the search field and viola! A list of the most recent and available online coupon codes for that particular retailer appear. Then all you have to do is copy the code, shop and save…that’s it! I searched a few of my favs like ASOS, Forever 21 and Target and all I can say is I’m ready to shop! CouponChief.com is so user-friendly.
In addition, to finding great coupon codes on CouponChief.com you can also make a little cash for yourself too by signing up for their Pay-2-Share program. The Pay-2-Share program is easy-peasy too! All you have to do is upload coupon codes and every time the coupon code is used you earn 2% commission. So remember caring is sharing, so if you come across a great coupon code head over to CouponChief.com and share the savings!
For more information on how you can save while shopping online this holiday season check out CouponChief.com, like them on Facebook and follow the on Twitter and Google+.
Have you ever used CouponChief.com?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by CouponChief.com; however, as always all the opinions stated in this review are my own and are not influenced in any way by compensation.