I love sweets!!! I mean, I am the true definition of a junk food junkie! So when I discovered these Easy Oreo Cookie Brownies, I couldn’t wait to whip up a batch…
I really can’t take any credit for this recipe! A few months ago the hubs and I were volunteering at a local church and during lunch he tried these Cookie Brownies. He said that were so yummy! And the lady that made them was kind enough to share the easy recipe with me, so I’m passing it on!
What you’ll need:
- 2 (12 count) muffin pans
- Cupcake liners
- Non-stick Baking Spray (or cooking spray)
- Brownie Mix
- Oreo Cookies (or cookies of your choice that will fit into a muffin pan)
- *Optional* Nutella (or Peanut Butter)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place cupcake liners in the muffin pans, lightly spray each one with a non-stick baking spray and place one cookie inside each one.
- This next step is completely optional and here is where you can get creative…I added about half a teaspoon of Nutella to the center of each cookie. But you could add peanut butter, a Hershey’s Kiss, a caramel bite…the possibilities are endless! I only did this to 12 of the Oreo Cookie Brownies since the kids don’t care too much for Nutella.
- Mix brownie mix according to the directions on the box. I used the “cake like” instructions which calls for an extra egg. And I substituted milk for the water.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes
- Remove the Oreo Cookies Brownies from the muffin pan and let them cool completely.
My boys loved the Oreo Cookie Brownies and can’t wait for me to make more. The hubs even took some to work and his coworkers enjoyed them too. I just loved the fact that they were super easy to make and that you can play around with the recipe…next time I plan on adding icing per my oldest son’s request and maybe even a caramel bite instead of the Nutella.
My favorite way to enjoy the Oreo Cookie Brownies!
Will you be making these Easy Oreo Cookie Brownies? What will you add in the center? What is your favorite dessert?
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Earlier this year the hubs and I did the Daniel’s Fast, for both spiritual and health reasons. And we discovered that eating healthy wasn’t as boring as we had imagined. So in an effort to maintain, a somewhat, healthier lifestyle we have incorporated more veggies into our everyday meals. Basically, we stick to veggies throughout the week and add meat on the weekend…while still trying to eat healthy. I of course, have an overwhelmingly, powerful sweet tooth and have back-slid something terrible, but that’s another story for another day…lol.
While on the fast, the hubs was really creative with coming up with new dishes for us to try but since then I have resumed my duty of planning and preparing most of the weekly meals. And I try to keep it healthy, despite the overwhelming desire of wanting to eat cake everyday, Needless to say dinner was getting a little boring and I wanted to try something new.
I had just bought zucchini from Aldi (one of my fav stores), so I headed to Pinterest for a little inspiration. There were several that recipes for zucchini as a side but I was on the hunt for a main dish. Then I saw it, Stuffed Zucchini Boats. After visiting several sites, all the recipes used meat as their stuffing so I decided to just wing it. Here’s what I came up with…
- 2 Zucchini
- Approx. 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/2 can (14.5oz can) of diced tomatoes with the juice
- 1 tablespoon of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 sweet peppers sliced (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dried onion (you can use fresh if you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Shredded cheese (not pictured)
- Prepare brown rice according to the packaging…I’m all about quick and easy so I use instant brown rice.
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- While the rice is cooking, prep the zucchini. Wash, cut in half and spoon out the seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Zucchini Boats ready to be stuffed
- Pour olive oil into a sauté pan, add minced garlic, dried onion, sun-dried tomatoes and sweet peppers. Season to taste and cook until tender.
- Add cooked rice to the sautéed veggies.
- Add diced tomatoes.
Veggie & rice mixture
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Spoon the rice & veggie mixture into the zucchini bowls and bake covered for 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is tender.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats before hitting the oven.
- Top with shredded cheese (of your choice) and back until cheese is melted or golden brown.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Like I mentioned I totally winged this dish but it turned out really good. It’s definitely one that will be put into the rotation. And it’s super easy and quick. It only took about 45 minutes including prep and interruptions from the kiddos…lol. If you like zucchini or stuffed peppers then you will like this. And what I love most about this recipe is that you can make the stuffing however you like…with or without meat!
Have you ever tried stuffed Zucchini Boats? Have you tried any knew recipes lately? Where do you go to find new recipes?
A few weeks ago I posted a picture on Instagram of one of my favorite dishes…Pizza Pasta. And a few people asked for the recipe, which made me laugh. Even though I love cooking (and eating) I rarely follow any recipe to a tee. But that’s one of the reasons I love the Pizza Pasta so much, it can be altered to suit your particular taste. Not to mention this dish is super easy to make. So since my guys love pizza and I’m all about keeping things simple, Pizza Pasta will forever be a part of my menu rotation.
Here is what I used this time:
Seasonings & spices
- 1 Jar of my favorite pasta sauce
- 1 can of Italian style diced tomatoes (drained)
- 2 lbs Ground Beef (or Turkey)
- Italian Sausage
- Italian Cheese Blend
- Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder & Onion Flakes
- Pasta noodles
Here is what I did:
Step by step
- Browned ground beef and then seasoned it to taste. Added pasta sauce and diced tomatoes, then let simmer.
- Cook Italian sausage, slice and add to meat sauce.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Spoon a small amount of the liquid from the meat sauce to coat the bottom of your baking dish. Then layer ingredients starting with the cooked paste, meat sauce, pepperoni and last cheese. Continue until baking dish is full.
- Place the Pizza Pasta in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Like I said this dish is soooo easy to make. This was my first time adding Italian Sausage and sometimes I like to add fresh veggies if I have them on hand. There are so many things you can do with this dish. It’s quick, easy, kid-friendly and delicious!
What do you plan on adding to your Pizza Pasta?