Tia over at The Chic Stay at Home Mom awarded me with the Liebester Award, my first ever blog award! WooHoo! I was so excited when I found out, you would have thought I had won a Grammy…lol. The Liebester Award is awarded to up and coming bloggers (like myself) who have less than 200 followers. The word Liebester is German and means “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.”
How the Liebester Award works:
- Each person must post 11 random things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger set for you.
- Choose 11 bloggers who you would like to give the Liebester Award.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you have tagged with the award to answer.
Sounds pretty simple to me. So here we go…
Eleven Random Things About Me
- I am afraid of spiders but I have one tattooed on my leg…don’t ask.
- I love to doodle smiley faces, flowers and the words “love” & “smile” on everything.
- I was extremely rebellious growing up…I got my first tattoo at 15 (my parents didn’t find out until I was 17); I cut my hair really short (myself) after my mom said no in the salon; and lots more stuff that I refuse to share on the grounds that it may incriminate me. lol
- My first job was at Burger King. I was 17 years old and I worked the drive-thru. Would you like fries with that…
- As a kid my parents would have to hide my Halloween candy and ration it out to me. I have a sweet tooth, I would literally sit there and eat the whole bag if they would have let me.
- I love to cook and bake. And watching people enjoy my food makes me really happy, I get that from my Grandma.
- I have a thing for store-bought cupcakes/cakes, like the ones from Wal-Mart (especially Winn Dixie for my southerner’s out there) with the buttercream icing. Add some ice cream and yep, I’m having a party!
- As a kid my family had several pets (not all at once): dogs, cats, a bird, a turtle, mice and fish. The bird was mine, I got him from my uncle in New York and bought him back to Alabama by car one summer. And most of the cats (with an ‘s’) were mine too.
- I’m a Daddy’s girl but I talk to my mom on phone at least twice a day everyday.
- I get a rush when I score a great while shopping, like that “fist-pumping” happy dance kinda rush. Then I want to call everyone I know, like they care. lol
- I wish I could have a full make over done; hair, makeup, clothes, I mean the works. Who knows maybe I’ll be nominated for one of those shows one day.
Eleven Questions from Tia
1. What do you do for a living?
I’m a stay at home momma.
2. What is your favorite color?
I have two favorites…red and pink.
3. Who would you like to be play you in a movie about your life?
This may be a stretch but I love Julia Roberts, I would have to pick her.
4. What is your dream vacation?
I would love visit Belize.
5. Who is your favorite fashionista? Why?
Tracee Ellis Ross. I love everything about her style…it’s versitle and her hair is amazing.
6. If your house caught on fire what would you try to save?
Other than my children of course, I would have the hubs grab the computer (it has tons of pics stored on it) and my photo albums.
7. What has been your biggest blessing?
Hmmm…I would have to say that my family is my biggest blessing. I never really imagined my life where it is right now but I wouldn’t change it for the world.
8. What is your favorite meal?
I love to eat so this is a hard one. But since I have to choose I would have to say soul food would have to be my fav. And if I had to pick a specific meal then it would have to be Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings, turkey, ham, dressing, greens, sweet potatoes, fried corn, black-eyed peas and cranberry sauce. Oh, don’t forget dessert, sweet potato pie and (yes, and) red velvet cake. I’m hungry just thinking about it.
9. As a kid, what did you want to be when grew up?
When I was around 5 I wanted to be a teacher and then around age 13 I wanted to be a supermodel.
10. What’s your favorite movie?
I have two…The Color Purple and Shrek.
11. Tell me something that people wouldn’t guess by looking at you.
I have seven tattoos…people are always shocked to find that out.
Here are the questions that I’m asking to the bloggers tagged above. And ladies don’t forget that you have to follow the rules and pass this award on to eleven others. Oh, there are NO tag backs!
1. What is your favorite color?
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
3. Who inspired you the most?
4. If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go and why?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. What was your favorite subject in school?
7. What is your dream job?
8. What is your favorite season and why?
9. Besides blogging, what is your favorite hobby?
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what are three things that you would take with you?
11. What movie would you pick to describe your life and why?
Tia, thanks so much again for giving me this award…I had so much fun with it. And ladies, I can’t wait to read your responses.
Until next time…