Hey “Savvy Readers!”
One of my followers asked a very good question the other day, “Why did I decide to marry and what qualities did I see in my husband?” Well, let me start by saying that I was never one of those girls who really had a vision of a “perfect husband.” When I was dating and the question was asked what was I looking for in a guy, I always responded with the things I knew I did not want. For me that was easier, I learned from my past relationships (and how/why they ended) things that I was not willing to tolerate in a new relationship…
- Lack of motivation and goals (sorry, but love can’t pay the bills)
- Spending more time with “your boys” than with me
- Only calling after 10pm (really, we all know what that means)
- Lying for no reason
- Trying to change me to fit into your world (ummm, I kinda like who I am)
And I’m sure there are few more things that were deal breakers but those stand out the most. So when I met my hubby, he was everything but those things that had caused me heart ache and frustration in my past. I consider myself to be very demanding, I require a lot of attention and time. And my hubby has always made me feel wanted, appreciated and important. He treated me differently than any other guy that I had dated.
After being married going on six years, everyday is not perfect but I wouldn’t change it for the world. So in the past when I could never really answer the question of what I looked for in a guy, I can now tell you what it is I see in my hubby.
- He is a God-fearing man.
- He is caring, sensitive and loving.
- He puts my needs and my children’s needs before his own.
- He is strong-willed, creative and filled with determination.
- He listens, even when I think he doesn’t.
- He is honest and truthful.
And the list could go on and on….He displayed all of these qualities when we were dating and because he treated me so differently, I knew he was the one.
I hope that I answered your question. And as always please leave your comments, questions and requests below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And remember…”Love never fails!” ~1 Corinthians 13:8